Make: Baileigh Industrial
Serial Number: US14464115
Ace: Needed (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Location: Machine Shop
A ring roller is a machine used to roll metal into a ring by forcing the material through rollers, also called dies. The rollers can be adjusted to change the formed radius. The maximum mild steel machine capacity is 1/4" x 1" flat bar or 1/2" round rod. The minimum diameter you can form is 2.75"
Here is an example of this piece of equipment being used.
- Dies - Round pieces of steel used to guide the material as its shaped.
Demonstrate you can safely setup the Ring Roller. You will then proceed to cut a 5" long piece of 1/4" steel rod. Roll this material into the smallest radius possible. When rolling the material remember to keep your fingers away from the rollers to keep from smashing your fingers.
- Adjust the knob on the right to adjust the radius, loosen the handle on the left if it restricting you from adjusting the right one.
- Make sure both knobs are secure and tightened before rolling, always start by rolling the largest radius, and work your way up from there.
- Insert the bar between the rollers.
- Turn the crank to roll the metal bar or rod.
- Start with a large radius and continue to make the radius smaller every time you roll. If you attempt to roll a small radius all at once, the rod may make a corkscrew shape instead of a circle.
- You have completed the roll when the two ends overlap each other by a couple of inches to account for the ends of the bar or rod that stay straight.
[ https://georgefox.instructure.com/courses/1319 Canvas Quiz]
Specific Maintenance Tasks
|Maintenance Procedure||Frequency||Done By|