Serial Number: MJ328801N
Ace: Levi Gibson (email@example.com).
Location: Welding Shop
- Wear gloves and welding helmet.
- Don't have bare skin exposed.
- Don't weld in wet gear or standing water.
- Welded material will be hot.
Resistance spot welding is a process in which contacting metal surface points are joined by the heat obtained from resistance to electric current. The Miller LMSW-52 Air-Cooled Spot Welder is a lightweight unit that is portable, easy to operate and excellent for welding mild, galvanized or stainless sheet materials.
- LMSW-52 spot welder manual 
Here is an example of spot welding and some good basic information.
Here are some general setup rules of thumb:
- The maximum weld capacity is 2 sheets of 16 gauge material.
For the demonstration you will need to perform a spot weld using two pieces of scrap material.
- Ensure the material being welded should be clear of any oil or dust
- Turn on the spot welder
- Place the material being welded between the clamps.
- Clamp down on the two pieces of material for approximately 2 seconds. The time required to weld may vary slightly depending on the material and thickness.
- Grab workpiece with a set of pliers, and open the clamp.
The welding tips should be inspected and cleaned as needed.
Specific Maintenance Tasks
|Maintenance Procedure||Frequency||Done By|