With more than x,000 sq. ft., the machine shop contains a drill press, horizontal band saw, vertical band saw, three bridgeport mills, a waterjet cutter and two lathes for students to utilize. There is also a CNC milling machine that is not available for students to operate, but they can send their approved part files to Nick, our CNC specialists and have their pieces made for them. This is a limited and not necessarily time sensitive resource, but, available nonetheless.
· Safety glasses must be worn when crossing into the shop area marked on the floor.
· No horseplay in the shop.
· Don’t do anything distracting to yourself or others while operating machinery.
· Do not wear any loose clothing, jewelry, or landyards.
· No hats or open toed shoes.
· Hair will not extend bellow the collar.
· Do not wear gloves while operating machinery.
· Food or drink is allowed when not operating machinery and it is kept a safe distance away from the machines.
· Do not attempt to operate machinery in the shop that you have not been certified on by GFU engineering personnel.
· Do not argue with volunteers or shop staff. Contact Justin Johnson if you have issues that need to be resolved.
· Do not operate machinery without a shop supervisor or trained volunteer in the shop with you. Never operate equipment alone in the shop.
· Reset the space. Make the area you are working in ready for the next person using the dust broom and vacuum cleaner.
· The first aid kit is located in the machine shop, next to the woodshop doors.
· If you see a safety violation inform the person immediately and encourage them to comply with the policies
· Don’t do anything that would require an additional rule to be added to this list.
|Metal Laser Cutter|
|Sheet Metal Shear|