Difference between revisions of "Blast Cabinet"
|Line 89:||Line 89:|
Revision as of 16:43, 15 August 2019
Make: Skat Blast
Ace: Levi Gibson (email@example.com).
Location: Welding Shop
The 960-DLX DELUXE Skat Blast Cabinet has become one of "America's Favorites". TWO 90 watt floodlights and big 12" x 33" window for improved, brighter visibility when blasting. Plus, Skat Blast's C-35-M Foot-Pedal-Operated Power Gun and pickup tube system for a more powerful, even blast. Quiet Vac-50 HEPA Vacuum with HEPA Filtration collects 99.97% dust particles down to 0.3 microns.
Here is an example of this piece of equipment being used.
Insert terminology here
Blast stencil pattern on acrylic
- Tape existing stencil to acrylic scrap
- Open the cabinet door.
- Place stencil/acrylic into sandblast cabinet
- After placing parts in the cabinet, make sure secure the door with latch properly
- Turn on the cabinet light and fan. Switch is located on the top left of the machine
- Locate the power switch and turn on the sandblaster
- Insert your arms into the gloves and position yourself to have a clear view into the cabinet
- Picking up the parts and gun, manually aim where the stencil doesn't cover the acrylic
- Position your foot in the foot pedal mechanism. Once pedal is depressed sand will blast out of the gun
- When finished, turn the machine off
- Before removing parts, wait 5-10 mins for the dust in the cabinet to settle
- Once you remove parts make sure to close cabinet door and power off the light and fan
- Make sure the cabinet door is closed before stepping on the air activation pedal.
- Keep the activation pedal clear when loading the cabinet.
- After you are done using the blaster let the dust in the cabinet settle prior to opening the door.
- Inhaling the dust produced by the cabinet is bad for your lungs.
- Never point the nozzle towards your hand or the window in the cabinet.
Specific Maintenance Tasks
|Maintenance Procedure||Frequency||Done By|
|Nozzle Change||As Needed||Ace/Tech|